If you ask our bee keepers Will and David, they will say getting stung is a normal part of being a bee keeper, and to just get on with it. But I haven't been stung yet and don't feel the urge to man up either. So I've been researching remedies just in case. And here is my best pick of them:
1. Scrap out the bee sting, don't squeeze it though.
2. Baking soda mixed to a paste with water, then spread on the bite. Something about neutralising the sting. And if it is a wasp you are stung by, then vinegar. Might need to research and do another post on how to tell the difference between a bee and a wasp of course - details details!
3. Ice. Works for everything.
4. Toothpaste, spread on the bite. Similar to baking soda I think.
5. Antihistamine. A cream would work well I think. And if you are mildly allergic I guess an antihistamine pill.
But: of course, if you are extremely allergic, or swell up alarmingly, or stop breathing, then don't do these remedies, call the ambulance.
And for the official advice, always a good idea, visit the Ministry of Health page